A phrase I have used to rule my life for as long as I can remember. A phrase that's so important to me that I even have it tattooed on my upper right rib cage (BASIC!). What does it mean? Seize the day! What's it mean to me? Live in the moment and live for today.
This is a way of thinking that is so hard sometimes in this day and age. We're always connected to something - whether it's our phone blowing up with the news, updates on social media from people who seem to be living better/more than us (humble bragging #amiright), watching the newest, most awesome show ever on Netflix - it's almost impossible not to overwhelmed by everything. Yet I think by being more connected than ever to everything and everyone, we're less connected to the ones who matter.
So that's what this blog is about and what it means to me. I'm taking back the day and sharing my ways of doing that here on this little blog. I might be taking time for myself to fit in a workout or enjoy a glass of wine (or sometimes a few), spending time with my family going on some sort of new adventure, noting down those little moments that I might forget otherwise, or sharing some big news that I can't hold in any longer.
What else can you look forward to here?
- I love trying out new diets/ways of eating. I've done them all - Atkins, South Beach, low-carb, high protein/high fat, IIFYM (if it fits your macros, if you're not in the know), The Zone, calorie counting, etc. Right now I'm doing my own little version of 5:2, which is a type of Intermittent Fasting. I am in no way, shape, or form qualified to provide any type of advice on nutrition or exercise- the internet does not a nutritionist/personal trainer make. I'm just sharing my experience with whatever I'm doing.
- I may or may not do some daily food picture recap things, but that's also been overdone, so maybe I won't.
- I love working out, so definitely look forward to some workout recaps. I'll discuss any plans I'm working on (I love BeachBody workouts, but I'M NOT A COACH) and recap any races I've done. Again, I'm all about the overshare so I'll tell you what works for me and what doesn't, along with any results I've had.
- Adventures - we love doing stuff! Beach days, hiking, road trips, vacations. I wish I was a millionaire so I could travel more and to new places, but I'll be sure to let you know what we've been up to for our adventures.
- There's a good chance you're going to see some epic rants and/or meltdowns, since I'm no stranger to over-sharing already on social media and anyone who knows me knows I love complaining.
- Shenanigans. I promise you so many shenanigans, because shenanigans is my middle name. Along with my last name, malarkey. I really do try to live in the moment and instill that in my family and friends and with this, you'll have shenanigans.
- Lots of pictures. Workout pictures, kid pictures, food pictures, booze pictures, vacation pictures, clothes with snot on them pictures (#toddlermom), filtered to crap pictures, no filter pictures, and on-and-on
I plan on blogging daily, so you get your daily madre dose. However there's a chance I could end up blogging more or less just depending on what's going on with me at that time. Plus, this host is kind of expensive, so I could end up not blogging ever again after 14 days!
Madre Diem - seizing the day, mom-style